We only just fantasize of owning the one of the fastest car in the world, but others will do whatever it takes to claim and owned such power and speed. Below are the 10 fastest cars available on the market measures by top speed:
1. SSC Ultimate Aero: 257 mph, 0-60 in 2.7 secs. Twin-Turbo V8 Engine with 1183 hp, base price is $654,400. Tested in March 2007 by Guinness world records, The SSC Ultimate Aero takes the lead as the fastest car in the world beating Bugatti Veyron.
2. Bugatti Veyron: 253 mph, 0-60 in 2.5 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle W16 Engine with 1001 hp, base price is $1,700,000. With the highest price tag, no doubt why this is rank #2.
3. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo: 248 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. Twin Turbo All Aluminum V8 Engine with 750 hp, base price is $555,000. Smooth that you will show it off always.
4. Koenigsegg CCX: 245 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. 90 Degree V8 Engine 806 hp, base price is $545,568. Made in Sweden and is aiming hard to be the fastest car in the world, but it has a very long way to go before surpassing the Bugatti and the Ultimate Aero.
5. McLaren F1: 240 mph, 0-60 in 3.2 secs. BMW S70/2 60 Degree V12 Engine with 627 hp, base price is $970,000. You can check out the doors, they looks like bat wings, similar to Batman's batmobile.
Read more at World's Top 10 Fastest Cars site